The World Through My Eyes

The World Through My Eyes: A collection of essays, reflections and thoughts about men, sex, love, relationships, politics, friendships, nudism, current events, social concerns, humanitarian issues, religion and all those wonderful experiences that constitute life as seen and felt by me: a thirty-something Deaf Gay man of mixed racial heritage (half-black, half-white) living in the Virginia Beach area of the United States. A scrapbook of my life. I've been a confirmed Gay nudist for the past 20 years (since puberty). Sometimes, we just need to step back and chill and try not to be so serious and tense. Life is short, stand up and get into it! nekkidfurryboi@gmail.com.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

It's the weekend after the Thanksgiving holiday. The feast is over and the family and friends can now relax and be themselves. Free from the pressure of partaking of the perfect meal in the ideal setting. Now's the time that we can revert to just being ourselves and enjoying exactly who we are. For me, this is the best part of any family gathering. The chill time before we all depart from company. No stress to impress and no pretense. A time for us all to just have fun being what we are: a motley assortment of individuals who just happen to share a common ancestor somewhere in our genealogy.

As a gay nudist, I'm lucky to have several members of my extended family who share these traits with me. They are my twin cousins. They're both older but that doesn't stop us from having a great time together, even when we're in the minority around the rest of our family. We always manage to enjoy ourselves no matter what the situation. Of course, we know that there are relatives who discuss us behind our backs. Being nudists and gay isn't the most popular attribute within our family. but together, we show all our kin that we aren't bothered with their pettiness and most of the time, we even manage to make them all smile and laugh at least once.

We've also devised a way to make our holidays with family just a little more bearable. Since the three of us all have a partner/boyfriend/significant other in our individual lives, we now get a hotel suite for the duration of our celebration of the holiday. this way, we all are able to retreat at the end of the day, truly relax and hang out together. Literally. The minute we enter the suite, we strip off the burdens of being clothed and really kick back. This is how we retain the strength to survive another day with loved ones.

I truly love all my family. I love them even more now that I have the brief chance to escape from all this madness and rediscover my anchor and myself so that I'm able to face them all again.

No comments: