The World Through My Eyes

The World Through My Eyes: A collection of essays, reflections and thoughts about men, sex, love, relationships, politics, friendships, nudism, current events, social concerns, humanitarian issues, religion and all those wonderful experiences that constitute life as seen and felt by me: a thirty-something Deaf Gay man of mixed racial heritage (half-black, half-white) living in the Virginia Beach area of the United States. A scrapbook of my life. I've been a confirmed Gay nudist for the past 20 years (since puberty). Sometimes, we just need to step back and chill and try not to be so serious and tense. Life is short, stand up and get into it! nekkidfurryboi@gmail.com.

Monday, December 6, 2010

St. Nicholas Day


In the Eastern Orthodox tradition, today is the Feast of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. St. Nicholas lived during the reign of St. Constantine the Great and died in 330 A.D. He was the Bishop Of Myra in Asia Minor and was known throughout the Byzantine Empire for his generosity and abundant mercy. He was always giving to the poor and needy. From his practice of charity is where our exchange of gifts during the holiday season began.

He is the patron saint of all travellers, especially sea-farers. He is one of the best known and popular of saints.

Today, my students and I are delivering boxes of toys to our local Toys-For-Tots collection warehouse. This date was decided months ago by our school administration. I'm certain they weren't aware of the significance of this day. Or, were they? Divine intervention, perhaps? Happy St. Nicholas Day!

5 comments:

Musique's Poetry said...

Happy Holidays. I'm glad that your Students are able to grasp the concept of giving. God bless the works of St. Nicholas

Armpit Eros said...

A happy St. Nicholas Day back at you, in-law!

Roger Poladopoulos said...

Only you! Keep the Faith alive, little Cuz!

TOY COUTURE said...

Divine intervention at its best :)

LORDPATRICK said...

Thank you for bringing St. Nicholas to our attention. Beautiful ICON. I love ICONS and have many scattered throughout my apartment. Some people say that my apartment looks like an Eastern Rite Church! But I'm really Roman Catholic!!!!!!