The World Through My Eyes

The World Through My Eyes: A collection of essays, reflections and thoughts about men, sex, love, relationships, politics, friendships, nudism, current events, social concerns, humanitarian issues, religion and all those wonderful experiences that constitute life as seen and felt by me: a thirty-something Deaf Gay man of mixed racial heritage (half-black, half-white) living in the Virginia Beach area of the United States. A scrapbook of my life. I've been a confirmed Gay nudist for the past 20 years (since puberty). Sometimes, we just need to step back and chill and try not to be so serious and tense. Life is short, stand up and get into it! nekkidfurryboi@gmail.com.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fleet Week and Smooth Sailing

Over the Memorial Day weekend, my boyfriend and I, along with my twin cousins and their partners, spent time at Gateway National Recreation Area in northern New Jersey. This national park property has the only nudist public beach in the northeast Atlantic coast. It is located very close to New York City, in fact, from the "gay area" of the beach, you can actually see the skyline of the city.


Last week was Fleet Week in the Big Apple. An abundance of sailors everywhere, and the gay section of Gunnison Beach was no exception. Nothing wrong with that addition to the scenery. There was this one sailor who parked his towel close to my boyfriend and I and interacted with us one day. Cool. We made a new acquaintance.  Always polite to be friendly and neighborly, especially to a man in the service of his country (and out of uniform). LOL!


We exchanged pleasantries throughout the day, beginning with general subjects like the weather, the NBA playoffs, etc. and slowly getting into specifics. Along the way, we let him know that we live in the Tidewater area of Virginia, very near the Norfolk Naval Base. We also talked about life in the navy now that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was history.


As we were at a nudist beach and we were all naked, my lover and I couldn't help but notice that this navy dude was completely hairless. Not a single follicle of hair anywhere on his body. Even his forearms and legs were shaved. Privately, we discussed this but were both too polite to ask him about his smoothness. Living close to a navy base, we'd seen plenty of gay naked navy folks before, but never one who shaved all his body hair.


By the early afternoon, we'd talked for a couple of hours. Feeling comfortable around this guy, my boyfriend asked him if anyone on ship with him ever teased him about shaving his body. His answer surprised us both. No problems with him shaving. He wasn't the only man on board who kept his body smooth, openly doing so in the communal showers. He had a couple of navy buddies who helped him with this task.

Now, that's a naval fact that we never even thought about. We asked, he told! I let him know that I would blog about this. He asked for my blog address and promised to check it out.

  

No comments: