The World Through My Eyes

The World Through My Eyes: A collection of essays, reflections and thoughts about men, sex, love, relationships, politics, friendships, nudism, current events, social concerns, humanitarian issues, religion and all those wonderful experiences that constitute life as seen and felt by me: a thirty-something Deaf Gay man of mixed racial heritage (half-black, half-white) living in the Virginia Beach area of the United States. A scrapbook of my life. I've been a confirmed Gay nudist for the past 20 years (since puberty). Sometimes, we just need to step back and chill and try not to be so serious and tense. Life is short, stand up and get into it! nekkidfurryboi@gmail.com.

Friday, June 1, 2012

June Is For Pride, Not Shame



June is Gay Pride Month. To be politically correct and inclusive, it's LGBT Pride Month, not to leave out the lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders, but gay pride is just a little easier to communicate. But we do owe a debt of gratitude to those brave drag queens who started it all off at the Stonewall Inn back in June, 1969. So LGBT Pride Month it is.

I'm proud to be gay and a member of the LGBT culture. I'm pretty honest and open about my sexuality. I don't have a rainbow halo hanging over my head but I don't deny or try to hide who I am. To tell the truth, I can't remember a period in my life when I wasn't gay. Before puberty I wasn't aware of my sexuality, but I was still gay, even then. I've never been ashamed of myself. I've been ashamed of some of my actions or behaviors, but of who I am? Never.   

Happy LGBT Pride Month! Happy June! Happy Summer, 2012! We have many reasons to celebrate this month. Probably, the most important is our pride in ourselves as a community and our pride in ourselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender men and women. We are who we are. There's no shame in being the person who is attracted to the same gender. It's part of what makes us unique and special as a human being. Let's be proud and enjoy our Pride Month as we remember that our pride doesn't end on June 30. Our pride lasts all year long.


It's great that we have pride in ourselves. So, why, as gay men, do we seem ashamed or embarrassed about our love of the male penis? Cock. Dick. Johnson. Pecker. Wood. Some of us just can't seem to admit that this male organ is part of what we seek in intimate pleasure. This denial really puzzles me as a man who has sex with men (gay). Almost to a man, we all enjoy cock, right? So why the shame?

Heterosexual men make no secret of their admiration of a desire of women's breasts. Boobs. Titties. Cows. They also loudly proclaim their devotion and quest for the vagina. Pussy. Snatch. So the urge and obsession come with the gender. It's a man-thing. A male curse (or reward). I just don't know why some gay men are too embarrassed to acknowledge and accept our love of cock. THE man-tool. I think it's time that we all own this aspect of our gay lives and be proud that it's part of exactly who we are.

Yes, as the LGBT community, we need to honor our heritage and our accomplishments. We need to celebrate who we are and what we're all about. June is the one month of the year dedicated to our pride and we should all show it, it whatever way we choose.

  


Now, in my pride, I'm not going to walk down a public street with my pants unzipped and my cock hanging out for all to see. But I'm not denying to anyone who asks that yes, my love of cock is a part of what I am as a proud gay man. It's a part, but not all, of the man that I am. And as a gay nudist, I don't strut around, naked, hiding my cock under my hand. I feel no humiliation in openly admitting that a cock gives me pleasure and makes me happy. It also leaves me very satisfied after I've been with another man who used his to my advantage. I'm a proud gay man who loves his cock and the cocks of other gay men. No shame in my game.

Happy Gay Pride Month! 

No comments: