The World Through My Eyes

The World Through My Eyes: A collection of essays, reflections and thoughts about men, sex, love, relationships, politics, friendships, nudism, current events, social concerns, humanitarian issues, religion and all those wonderful experiences that constitute life as seen and felt by me: a thirty-something Deaf Gay man of mixed racial heritage (half-black, half-white) living in the Virginia Beach area of the United States. A scrapbook of my life. I've been a confirmed Gay nudist for the past 20 years (since puberty). Sometimes, we just need to step back and chill and try not to be so serious and tense. Life is short, stand up and get into it! nekkidfurryboi@gmail.com.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Friends Together


Last week, after the Christmas/New Year's holiday break at the school where I teach, I walked into my first faculty meeting of 2012. I was full of hope for the new year and of new changes and developments in my life. BAM! It hit me hard, once again: more of the same old shit! The tables in the school library were full of my professional colleagues in the same seating pattern as before. Nothing different. Blacks sitting with blacks and whites sitting with whites. Just like one race would infect the other. Our skin color is contagious.

I mean, it's not like I'm expecting them to pair off and fuck. After all, this is a business meeting. All that I'm wishing is that we can mix it up and just sit together. Can't we be coworkers without taking into account race?


Besides, as a man who's father is Greek and who's mother is Nigerian, where do I sit? I know even though it isn't spoken that some blacks think me too white. Similar, some whites think of me as too black. So where I fit into the picture? Do I need to get a chair, place it between a table of whites and a table of blacks and sit by myself?


That's one of the many reasons that I'm a gay nudist. Once you remove the clothes, there's nothing left to hide from anyone. Yes, the race is still obvious; that's never going to change. But what's also equally plain and obvious is that there's no anatomical difference whatsoever. Every man has a dick and an ass. They're just not all the same size or color. I've discovered that when naked, we're all, black, white or mixed, a little more relaxed about being together and are comfortable in socializing in groups irregardless of skin color.

Maybe it's because we're checking out each other's junk. Maybe we want to get a closer look at someone's cakes. It perhaps is due to an interesting tattoo that another dude has strategically placed on his body. Who knows and who cares? I mean, we're all nude because we want to be, right?

So maybe we should all get naked and fraternize in every one of life's situations. That way, we can get past the racial thing and start to become friends. That solution works fine for me! And you?

  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to see that!

Unknown said...

I really and truely think that is a great idea and I would love to see that happen also myself!