The World Through My Eyes

The World Through My Eyes: A collection of essays, reflections and thoughts about men, sex, love, relationships, politics, friendships, nudism, current events, social concerns, humanitarian issues, religion and all those wonderful experiences that constitute life as seen and felt by me: a thirty-something Deaf Gay man of mixed racial heritage (half-black, half-white) living in the Virginia Beach area of the United States. A scrapbook of my life. I've been a confirmed Gay nudist for the past 20 years (since puberty). Sometimes, we just need to step back and chill and try not to be so serious and tense. Life is short, stand up and get into it! nekkidfurryboi@gmail.com.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Is It Just Me?


Is it race? Is it homophobia? Both? Is it size insecurity? Is it all three? What I want to know is, what the fuck is the problem? I know I've experienced these types of looks and body language when I've been at a nude beach. Why is that? Why is it one single black/mixed race man threatens some white folks? Are they afraid that it's something contagious? Skin color is inherited through genes, it's not transmittable.

If it's penis envy/insecurity, get over it. As nudists, all of us already know that size doesn't matter. At least, not the size of a relaxed penis. All dicks, when erect, have the potential to deliver pleasure to the sexual partner, no matter if that person is a man or a woman. A flaccid cock may hang nicely and swing gracefully, but that's just appearances. It's no indication of sexual prowess or stamina for the male of female partner.

Is it racial prejudice or stereotype? The black man is bigger therefore he's a threat to everyone, regardless of their sex? Come on, get over yourself. As nudists on a clothing-optional beach, we've all seen penises of all shapes, sizes and colors. Just because the darker one is bigger doesn't mean a damn thing. The myth "once they've gone black, they'll never go back" is nothing more than that: a myth. I know: I've had black ones and I've had white ones. A dick is dick. The color is the least concern (at least, as a mixed race man, for me). It's what a man can do with his cock that counts. I think we all understand that.

Is it because the brother is gay and the white dude is heterosexual? That is nothing more than stupidity. If the straight is afraid for the safety of his female date, a gay man is the very least of his worries. The gay man wants another man, another penis; not a vagina. Think about that one and then get back to me. Besides, if you hate gay men that much, get your ass off a naked beach and go to a clothing beach. They're more gay men at a nude beach than you imagine. All those unclothed cocks and asses roaming around, where do you expect them to go?

I've never set foot on a nudist beach that I haven't gotten "those" looks from straight white men. And I've asked around and know that I'm not the only gay black/mixed-race man who's had this experience. Many others have undergone the same. What the hell is it?

On the other hand, maybe it's not race or homophobia at all. Perhaps the dude is threatened because the brother has more body hair (like me)? Or, it could be the white guy is closeted and secretly wants some dick? Now, that's something to consider. 

4 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

This marks the 1st time I've seen the above pic where the black man's peen wasn't enhanced to look much LARGER. Methinks peen envy is one of those illnesses that this country was founded upon. It may date back even further to the caveman.

Unfortunately, much like death & taxes, I don't think it (fear, envy) will ever completely go away. That change would be best left up to OUR collective mindsets.


One.

creating my life said...

hi, i hope u dont mind me joining in this dicussion. normally i would not join in as so much of blogs are so personal, it would not do to comment unless it is to praise it.
but i thought i shall contribute my 2 cents worth to this.
when i saw the photo it immediately struck me at how tall the black guy appears to tower over those people. the other people are not short but he looms over them. i dont know about u, maybe u are tall too so u dont see what a short person will see. i am short, and i too will feel a bit uncomfortable to have someone so tall looming over me, even if he is friendly. especially when it seems he wants to be friendly and make contact without any sign that the couple are inviting him to chat with them. they posture of the couple shows they were trying to get away. facing away from him instead of facing him. u know, we humans need to invite others to make contact, or at least u want some sign that they welcome contact before u make conversations. if they dont respond to your initial hello, u have to accept that much as u think you are a good guy, the other person dont really want to know you. u can console yourself that it is their loss, but u have to accept it. and move on. dont resent their decision to not want to engage with you. it is their prerogative. just as if it were on the other boot, and it is u who dont want to talk to someone who insists on talking to you. i dont think there is any necessity to wonder if they are scared of you, or envy your penis, or wonder if they dont like black people. or dont like men in general, or whatever. they just dont want to engage with you .that's ok, u can find others who will.
how is that as another viewpoint that explains why the couple walk away.

Unknown said...

I love both view points, i agree with both of u!

Anonymous said...

I think that you would get this look because if something was that big in front of me being a straight man I would find it hard not to stare. It is easier to give a snark look than face the possible embarrassment of being called out for staring.