The World Through My Eyes

The World Through My Eyes: A collection of essays, reflections and thoughts about men, sex, love, relationships, politics, friendships, nudism, current events, social concerns, humanitarian issues, religion and all those wonderful experiences that constitute life as seen and felt by me: a thirty-something Deaf Gay man of mixed racial heritage (half-black, half-white) living in the Virginia Beach area of the United States. A scrapbook of my life. I've been a confirmed Gay nudist for the past 20 years (since puberty). Sometimes, we just need to step back and chill and try not to be so serious and tense. Life is short, stand up and get into it! nekkidfurryboi@gmail.com.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympic Pride


The Summer Olympics are now underway in London. The Opening Ceremony was a fantastic production that gave us a glimpse of British history and of that country's contributions to the world. As always, the Parade of Olympians is a moving tribute to the spirit and mission of the games. Having a mixed heritage, I feel pride in my paternal ancestry as the home of the original Olympics and the concept of universality. I have the same pride in my maternal ancestry for their modern achievements.

This year, it was no different. It was a fitting climax to the Opening Ceremonies that the lighting of the Olympic Flame was a combined effort of the 204 individual leaves carried in the parade by the respective teams. Let the Games begin!



Team Greece leads the Parade of Olympians as the birthplace of the Olympic Dream. Go Team Greece!


Team Nigeria marches into the stadium wearing the national colors of green and white. Go Team Nigeria!